A super hack for those who pattern draft their own designs, is to use what you have. There is no need to draft from scratch for every design. Look at your past drafting and see if you can modify a design to create a whole new look or a variation of an already drafted design. Many apparel manufacturers do this to decrease development costs, why can't you!
| || |
Asymmetrical Front Opening
Superhero Shoulder Straps
- Mark pocket opening line on pocket facing paper pattern piece.
- Cut out your front skirt pieces.
- Press back the seam allowance along the pocket opening of front skirt pieces.
- Hovering over uncut fabric, place front skirt piece down on matching plaid area.
- Slide under pocket facing pattern to line up the pocket opening line.
- Pin and cut pocket facing.
- Repeat to opposite side. Remember to flip pattern piece for a symmetrical look.
Designed, photographed and written by Sheila Wong Studios.