- 9 Workshops
- over 185 hours of instruction
- over 75 students walking away with new design skills
- consumed an embarrassing amount of rustic yam salad from the market
For the rest of this post, we'll take a peek into our most popular workshops and show you what you can expect as a workshop student.
Peek into our Workshops
- Couture Hand Sewing (This one sold out quickly! Like within hours quick.)
- Vintage Hand Sewing
- Pattern Drafting: Create your own Blocks
- Pattern Drafting: Working from the Block
- Reverse Pattern Drafting
- Garment Construction for the Textile Designer
- Indigo Apron
- Dyeing to Sew
Couture Hand Sewing (5 Days)
Couture patch pocket (from our demo garment) being placed onto a waistcoat.
Thread-marking and catch-stitching shown along the back. Fabric is from Tokyo.
Vintage Hand Sewing (5 Days)
Students learned different hand-sewing techniques that are applicable to both vintage and modern patterns. Similar to Couture hand Sewing workshop, only hand sewing was applied.
The pictures above show a dress from the 1920's. The garment was constructed from a combination of lace and silk fabrics. The dress had a secret design on the inside to allow the wearer to dance without worrying about their hem flipping up. How thoughtful.
Pattern Drafting: Create your own Blocks (5 Days)
Pattern Drafting: Working from the Block (5 Days)
Reverse Pattern Drafting (2 and 4 Day Offerings)
Garment Construction (4 Days)
Indigo Apron (2 Days)
Dyeing to Sew Nights (4 evenings)
See ya next year!
Sheila Wong Sewing Team
Written and photographed by Sheila Wong
Edited by Samantha Quon