Introduction to Sewing
This course is ideal for individuals who have never used a sewing machine or those who need a refresher of basic sewing techniques and machine operation. Work step by step through two fun beginner sewing projects- tote bag and a reversible apron.
Materials for your first beginner project are included alongside beginner hand-outs. Studio is fully equipped with equipment and supplies. No need to bring anything unless you would like to learn on your own sewing machine. Kindly advise at time of registration.
- Sewing machine basics. How to thread, trouble shoot and maintain a domestic sewing machine.
- How to operate an over-lock serger machine.
- How to read basic industry patterns.
- How to prepare, pin, cut and mark fabric prior to construction.
- How to present a professional looking project with proper pressing skills.
- Solid understanding of beginner construction techniques such as seams, seam finishes and hems.
All courses take place in our studio @ 122 - 1020 Mainland Street, Vancouver BC.